What to do in the neighbourhood?
For fisherman there are several possibilities. The Eidsvatnet (big lake at 200 mtr from our camping), the ELVA (a fast running small creek at the other side of the road), several lakes in the mountains (combination of walking and fishing) and of course the Fjords.
For the lakes and creeks a fishing license is needed. A fishing license can be obtained at our camping.
At the Eidsvatnet a boat can be rented.
In the Fjords there are more possibilities such as: go on board for a porpoise safari, fishing trip or just a trip of your choice.
Also for hikers, including children, experienced and less experienced hikers, there are several possibilities. Several routes starting at our camping and others on short distance. We also organise a number of accompanied hiking trips. On Saturdays and Sundays you will be accompanied by Jos, the owner. These trips are free of charge but an appointment has to be made.
For the rest:
• Geiranger and Geiranger Fjord: two huge tourist attractions at only 15 km distance (about 20 min. drive with a car). Big cruise ships are worth to be visited and there is a possibility to make a round trip in the Fjord by boat. Souvenir shops all around the place for those who likes this.
Visitnorway.com presents Geirangerfjorden through a 360 degree panoramic photo.
• Dalsnibba: Magnificent view on top of the Geiranger at 1500 mtr. height with a beautiful view over the Fjord and its surroundings. Can be reached with a car via a toll way.
• Herdalsetra: Very beautiful valley with walking possibilities accessible through Eidsdal and Nordda. In the valley there is a goat farm and the Norwegian Seter Museum .
• Kilstivatnet: Beautiful mountain lake accessible by a simple hike trip.
• Trollstigen: Spectacular mountain pass with our camping as starting point can be done as a day trip. On the highest point you will have plateau with view where you can see Andalsnes.
• Alesund: "Jugendstil" city built on islands. In Alesund you will find several museums, the Atlantikshavsparken ( sea aquarium), and a huge shopping mall.
• Bird Island Runde: Here you will find parrot divers.
• Stryn somer skiing area: Very beautiful route over an old pass and for enthusiasts the possibility to go skiing.
On our camping you can have a good time on our terrace while your children enjoy themselves in our playground.
We are more than happy to help you with your trips and we are looking forward to welcome you here.